1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
(you can also use unsweetened almond, rice or hemp milk or coconut water)
1 TBSP coconut oil
1 TBSP ground flax or chia seeds
Handful of kale
Splash of real vanilla (Be sure they have not added HFCS)
1-2 drops doTERRA Cinnamon essential oils
1 TBSP raw, organic honey or stevia to taste
*1 TBSP hemp hearts
*1 Serving of Protein Powder (Use a protein powder of your choice; doTERRA Slim and Sassy Shake, Pure whey, rice, hemp or pea just be sure to read the label)
*We added this to Hayley’s recipe.
We recommend using organic produce when its available.
This picture is of a double batch.
Recipe Courtesy of Hayley Hobson (http://hayleyhobson.com/)
We recommend using organic produce if available.
1 Head Broccoli (1 bunch) stems removed
1/2 head cauliflower, stems removed
1 cup Shredded Carrots
1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
1/4 – 1/2 cup Cranberries (fresh if possible or buy frozen and thaw)
1/4 cup Parsley (finely chopped)
Handful of Rains or 3 – 4 chopped Dates
4-6 TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice, to Taste
Sea Salt, Pepper to taste (1/4-1/2 tsp salt and lots of pepper)
Mix all of the above ingredients. You can add your favorite organic salad dressing to each serving.
BANANA, PEANUT BUTTER, COCOA SMOOTHIE
Recipe: 1 serving
- 1 peeled frozen banana
- 1 ½ – 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 ½ – 2 tsp natural peanut butter
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 serving plain or vanilla protein powder (whey, rice or pea protein)
- 2 ice cubes (more if you want it colder and thicker)
- 1 TBSP Ground Flax Seed (optional)
Using a good quality blender; blend two ice cubes and water until ice is completely chopped. Add frozen banana and blend until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until mixed completely. Experiment; add more ice to make it colder and thicker, no ice if you want to be able to drink it easier.
3 Cups Cooked Brown or wild rice (see basic brown rice recipe)
2 eggs scrambled
2-3 TBSP sesame oil
3 TBSPS Rice Vinegar
1-2 TBSPS Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce (Be sure there is no
MSG in your soy sauce.)
2 Slices onion chopped
1 – 2 Garlic cloves or granulated garlic
½ Cup chopped Carrots
½ Cup frozen peas
3 pieces cooked and chopped turkey bacon (optional)
You can also add green pepper, green onion, mushrooms for variety and additional veggies
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet with a tight fitting lid on medium heat.
- Add egg onion and garlic cook thoroughly
- Add rice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, carrots and frozen peas.
- Cover and cook until peas are warm and carrots cooked to desired softness.
- Add additional soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, salt and pepper to taste.
2 lbs. of lean turkey1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried sage leaves
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Mix ingredients together. Shape into small patties and prepare in skillet.
NOTE: This makes a large amount of patties. Freeze extras to enjoy later.
CHOCO PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN BALLS
6 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
4 Tbsp Cocoa
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Flax or Chia Seeds
2 Tbsp of Protein Power
10 drops of Liquid Stevia
1 Tbsp of Pure Honey
Sprinkle salt (3 shakes)
Mix, then roll into balls. Freeze. Enjoy as a healthy snack!
EASY BEANS AND GREENS
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
1 can black beans (or pinto, red, kidney—your choice)
1 bunch collard greens (or kale, spinach—your choice)
your favorite toppings, such as salsa, avocado or guacamole and sour cream
1. In a medium saucepan, heat drained beans. Add your favorite seasonings, if desired.
2. Fill a separate medium saucepan with 1-2 inches of water and bring to a boil.
3. Wash and chop greens (you can use the stems, too) and add to boiling water.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes until greens are bright green and tender. Drain off water.
5. On a plate, arrange a portion of the greens, top with a portion of the beans and finish with toppings of your choice.
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
1 can corn drained
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 handful cilantro rough chopped
1/2 cup to 1 cup of salsa of your choice
MIX and enjoy with Tortilla Chips